Thursday, March 01, 2007

I cannot describe the ecstatic opening of consciousness that reading this book gave

Sri Aurobindo: Or, the Adventure of Consciousness (Paperback) by Satprem
Avatar of the Supramental, June 13, 2006 Reviewer: P. Rustad - See all my reviews
This book is very important in my life. I first read it in 1970 when I was on a furious hunt for 'Truth', the meaning of life, etc. At that time I owned several books by Sri Aurobindo, including the "Life Divine". But they were all heavy, erudite tomes. Then I read Satprem's poetic, inspiring treatment of Aurobindo's life. I cannot describe here the ecstatic opening of consciousness that reading this book gave. It was as though every word was on fire. And the same with Aurobindo's book on "The Mother". Sri Aurobindo (and the Mother), are Co-Avatars of the Supramental. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment