Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We will miss this departed scholar from Bankikodla in Karnatak

Re: Prof Mangesh V Nadkarni
by Ranjan N Naik on Sun 14 Oct 2007 09:15 AM PDT Profile Permanent Link
Late Shri Mangesh V Nadkarni from Bankikodla earned M.A degree in English from Pune University and his PhD in English Literature from the UCLA, California US (year 1970). He was a Professor at Central Institute of English, Hyderabad, National University of Singapore(1985-93) and he was also one of the Chief Disciples of Aurobindo at Pondicherry.
I'm deeply saddened to hear the news about the death of Dr. Mangesh Vital Nadkarni, from our village. My thoughts are with his family (his wife and two daughetrs in the US) during this difficult time. I do remember meeting and chatting with Dr. Nadkarni, his wife and children at his Hyderabad house in the year 1986. Last month after many years, I got an opportunity to talk to him on phone while he was touring Bangalore on Savitri discourse he had undertaken since his departure as a professor of English. I wished I would meet him this time in the USA. I know we will miss this departed scholar from Bankikodla. May his soul rest in peace.
-Ranjan Naik, PhD (Mathematics) from Bankikodla.
Reply
by RY Deshpande on Mon 15 Oct 2007 02:42 AM PDT Profile Permanent Link
Dear Dr Ranjan Naik
It is interesting that you are from the same village Bankikodla in Karnatak wherefrom late Prof Mangesh V Nadkarni hailed. That prompts me to request you to write about your early associations with him, the family background, its culture, his village friends, community relationships, his school career, games, sports activities or whatever other aspects you might be able to recall. I shall be very happy to post it if you can send it as an article to me. Please indicate here, in fact I would urge you to do. We were pretty close here during the last fifteen years or so. My wife and Mrs Nadkarni are great friends and she will communicate your feelings to her. Presently her daughters are also here. Thanks RYD

No comments:

Post a Comment