Emotion and its transformation in Sri Aurobindo’s Yoga Psychology. Larry Seidlitz — Sri Aurobindo Center for Advanced Research, Pondicherry.
We find presented in Sri Aurobindo’s treatment of emotions a great paradox and its synthesis and resolution. On one hand, emotions are presented in the most disparaging terms, as the center stage for all suffering, perversion, and obscurity. On the other hand, emotions are viewed as not only deriving from the ineffable Ananda or Bliss which is the very nature and substance of the Divine Existence, but they are also a powerful means into the very heart of that Ananda.] http://t.co/y4CMoOfHuu
[Initiation: Spiritual Insights on Life, Art & Psychology - Michael Miovic - Prema Nandakumar, Sri Aurobindo Society] http://t.co/2tg2j77HSP
[refreshing to see review of Michael's Initiation., he is not only psychiatrist but vibrant storyteller & pucca bhakta]
[Trustees go about diluting the work of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother by turning the Ashram into a free-for-all place http://t.co/pxFpyvceqF
The failure of the present Ashram management is clearly visible in various Ashram departments. There is now hardly any work ethic or culture: no discipline, no obedience, extremely rude behaviour, no quality work and, above all, Ashramites are burdened with the monopoly of departmental heads who mostly engage themselves in private businesses.
For all the above mentioned reasons, there is an urgent need, an imperative necessity for government intervention in the Ashram administration. When we have a responsible and fair administration, the stress in our day to day life due to the present mismanagement will be definitely much less and we will able to focus better on our inner work. The general apprehension regarding disturbance in sadhana due to the government taking over the Ashram administration is totally baseless.] http://t.co/URFLKrjfCE
[The whole burden of our human progress has been an attempt to escape from the bondage to the body and the vital impulses.] ~Sri Aurobindo
[An ever-enlarging self takes the place of the old narrow self which is confined to our individual mind and body, and it is this moral growth which society helps and organises.] http://t.co/qV7brwoxUF[If the clarified intellect is not supported by purified emotions, the intellect tends to be dominated once more by the body... The purification has been done by morality and religion, the clarification by science and philosophy, art, literature and social and political life being the chief media in which these uplifting forces have worked. The conquest of the emotions and the intellect by the spirit is the work of the future. Yoga is the means by which that conquest becomes possible.] ~Sri Aurobindo
[the force of the democratic tendency is not a force which is spent but one which has not yet arrived] ~Sri Aurobindo http://t.co/6wSY0aEEHT
[The Divine Humanity To Be Evolved Through the Yoga] http://t.co/tNRjPOAcRl
[many positives of American higher education – emphasis on academic rigour, independent inquiry and interdisciplinary and flexible learning - BLEW: On Blogging, Learning, Education & Writing (and a bit about NRIs & ex-NRIs too)] http://t.co/BY3SyRlSwx via @sharethis
[The Mother and Sri Aurobindo were very sensitive on the matter of compulsory vaccination. Following are references:] http://t.co/RHvm567seK
- The Divine Humanity To Be Evolved Through the Yoga - Humanity acts based on the motive force of desire, and much of our mental development and focus is based on ways to both satisfy and justify this vital for...
- Babaji Maharaj used to stress on Ma-nama-japa - Reading Sri Aurobindo on a sustained mode is found to be more profitable than finishing any of his books at a stretch. http://t.co/tzlM9Ojuzz Sri Aurobindo...
- Sri Aurobindo could satisfy any scholar in almost any field -[Trustees go about diluting the work of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother by turning the Ashram into a free-for-all place] http://t.co/pxFpyvceqF [there is an ur...
- Evolution of human nature - “We cannot make such rigid generalisations. The human being is a complex organism which cannot be rammed into a fixed logical process or formula. In genera...
- Champaklal Purani: A Pictorial Homage on his Birthday - Dear Friends, Born to Chhotelal and Umiyaben Purani, Champaklal (2.2.1903—9.5.1992) arrived at Pondicherry on 1 April 1921. In 1923 he joined the community...